About me: I am a native Texan but have lived in Ohio with my family for almost 20 years. Teaching Spanish is a second career for me, but Spanish has always been a first love of mine. Prior to teaching Spanish I worked in Health Care Administration at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
I have been teaching Spanish at Mount Vernon City Schools for almost 20 years. This will be my third year teaching at the Middle School. I moved from the High School to the Middle School to start some new World Language Programs including a World Language Exploratory class for 6th graders and a Spanish Introduction class for 7th graders. I will also continue to teach Spanish I for high school credit for 7th and 8th graders.
- Post graduate Study Abroad - Centro Mundo Lengua, Sevilla, Spain
- Master's course work at Akron University: Las Comedias
- Spanish licensure coursework - University of Ashland.
- Masters of Health Administration - Tulane University
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Southern Methodist University
- Bachelor of Ibero-American Studies - Southern Methodist University