Important Release: Updated Covid-19 Information
In accordance with the newly released guidance from the CDC and Knox Public Health the following protocols will be followed:
If a Student or Staff Member Tests Positive for Covid-19 or is Experiencing Symptoms of Covid-19 they must Isolate for a minimum of 5 days.
This isolation period of 5 days starts from symptom onset or testing date. The following are the guidelines for isolation depending on symptom onset:
- Tested Positive without symptoms: The 5 days of isolation start with the date tested. The individual can return to school on day 6 provided they are symptom-free and required to wear a mask for the next 5 days.
- Tested Positive with symptoms: The 5 days of isolation starts with the date of symptom onset. The individual can return to school on day 6 provided they are symptom-free and required to wear a mask for the next 5 days. If symptoms do not improve during the 5 days of Isolation they must continue to isolate until symptoms improve including no fever for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications. They will be required to wear a mask for the equivalent of 10 days since symptom onset once symptoms begin to improve.
If a Student or Staff Member has come into Close Contact with a positive case, the Student or Staff Member will follow the Modified Quarantine guidelines approved by KPH on 10/26/2021.
The K-12 student may continue to attend in-classroom instruction provided the following conditions are met:
- The student/parents agree to the conditions of the Alternative Quarantine Acceptance Form.
- The student remains symptom-free (asymptomatic)
- The student wears a mask while indoors, or unable to socially distance if outdoors, for a period of 10 days.
The Staff Member will return to work and must remain symptom-free (asymptomatic) and wear a mask for 10 days.