Fencing Project Bids Scope of Project:
Contractor is responsible for furnishing all materials, equipment and labor necessary to:
Energy Field, 890 Division St., Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050
- All existing fencing, gates, posts removed and disposed of properly
- Install black vinyl coated chain link fencing and posts
- 3” end posts with a minimum of 2 ¼” line posts
- 3” gate posts
- Tension wire at bottom
- 1 5/8” top rail
- All in ground posts must have a minimum of 18” of concrete around the bottom of the post
- Home side (East)
- 6’ high – 632’ length
- 2 - 12’openings with gates
- 4’ high – 765’ length
- 4 – 12’ opening with gates
- 1 – 4’ opening with gate
- End zone (North)
- 6’ high – 378’ length
- 1 – 12’ opening with gate
- Visitor side (West)
- 6’ high – 542’ length
- 3 – 12’ openings with gates
- 4’ high – 400’ length
- 4 – 12’ openings with gates
- All fencing and components should be coated with black vinyl.
- Measurements have been rounded up. Location is open for measuring.
- Contractor is also responsible for the following:
- Observe OSHA safety guidelines
- Leaving area clean and properly disposing of all debris
INSTRUCTIONS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMITTING BIDS TO MOUNT VERNON CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
- The name and address of the bidder and the date of opening must be shown on the sealed envelope containing each bid.
- The bidder in signing is complying with the provisions of O.R.C. 5719.042, in swearing that he has no delinquent personal property taxes, as required by the State Auditor.
- All prices must be firm for a period of ninety (90) days. Bids cannot be corrected after bids are opened. Bidders must deliver at prices quoted even if prices quoted are in error.
- Bidders shall accompany their bids with a bid bond, certified check, or cashiers check made payable to the Board of Education, Mount Vernon City School District, in the amount of 5% of the bid submitted.
- Federal and State taxes should not be included.
- The purchaser may accept or reject any or all bids. The purchaser may waive defects in the form of the bid when no prejudice will result to the rights of any bidder or the public.
- The final bid price considered will be calculated as follows: base price, plus selected options, equals final price.
NOTE: Sealed bids to be delivered to Treasurer of Board, 300 Newark Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050 by 12:00 noon, June 23, 2021.
Sealed bids will be received in accordance with the law until 12:00 (noon) local time on Monday, June 23, 2021 at the Board of Education Office, 300 Newark Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio for fencing project. Specifications and instructions to bidders may be found at www.mvcsd.us
or picked up in the Board of Education Office, 300 Newark Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio. Inquiries in regard to the bid should be directed to Rick Shaffer, Director of Maintenance via email at [email protected]
or by phone at (740)397-7422 ext. 6707.
The board reserves the right to reject any and all bids or parts of bids and to waive any informality in the bids received.
Mount Vernon Board of Education
Gary Hankins, Treasurer
Publish dates: 6/08/2021, 6/23/2021
Internet publish dates: 6/08/2021, 6/23/2021