Paving Project Bids Scope of Project:
Specifications – Paving Construction
Mount Vernon City School Board of Education (BOE) is accepting bids for paving projects to be completed this summer. The project includes paving at three different locations.
- High School Middle School Paving Complex 300 & 302 Yellow Jacket Drive.pdf
- Pleasant Street Paving 305 East Pleasant Street.pdf
- Central Office Paving 300 Newark Road.pdf
Bid should include:
- Milling of area
- Clean area
- Tack coat and install asphalt
- Roll finish
- AC bands should be installed where new asphalt meets existing asphalt
- Painting of all areas
Mill entire area, and entrances, catch basins, concrete walks and speed bumps as needed.
Reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) will not be permitted to be used in any surface courses.
Catch basins and inlets shall be level in accordance with the design and dimensions and to line and grade as originally set. In the case where adjustments must be made, they will be made prior to laying the asphalt. There are a total of 4 catch basins to be replaced. There are 3 catch basins at Pleasant St. and 1 at Central Office.
All edges of the paving process will be sharp, clean and sealed by the contractor.
Paint all areas as they were originally. This should include: parking spaces, crosswalks, stop bars, handicap parking, hash-outs, dividing lines, arrows, fire lanes, and no parking.
Areas to be paved are shown on the linked PDF documents above. Area is open for inspection and measurement any time.
INSTRUCTIONS AND CONDITIONS FOR SUBMITTING BIDS TO MOUNT VERNON CITY BOARD OF EDUCATION
- The name and address of the bidder and the date of opening must be shown on the sealed envelope containing each bid.
- The bidder in signing is complying with the provisions of O.R.C. 5719.042, in swearing that he has no delinquent personal property taxes, as required by the State Auditor.
- All prices must be firm for a period of ninety (90) days. Bids cannot be corrected after bids are opened. Bidders must deliver at prices quoted even if prices quoted are in error.
- Bidders shall accompany their bids with a bid bond, certified check, or cashiers check made payable to the Board of Education, Mount Vernon City School District, in the amount of 5% of the bid submitted.
- Federal and State taxes should not be included.
- The purchaser may accept or reject any or all bids. The purchaser may waive defects in the form of the bid when no prejudice will result to the rights of any bidder or the public.
- The final bid price considered will be calculated as follows: base price, plus selected options, equals final price.
NOTE: Sealed bids to be delivered to Treasurer of Board, 300 Newark Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050 by 12:00 noon, June 23, 2021.
Sealed bids will be received in accordance with the law until 12:00 (noon) local time on Monday, June 23, 2021, at the Board of Education Office, 300 Newark Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio for the paving project. Specifications and instructions to bidders may be found at www.mvcsd.us
or picked up in the Board of Education Office, 300 Newark Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio. Inquiries in regard to the bid should be directed to Rick Shaffer, Director of Maintenance via email at [email protected]
or by phone at (740)397-7422 ext. 6707.
The board reserves the right to reject any and all bids or parts of bids and to waive any informality in the bids received.
Mount Vernon Board of Education
Gary Hankins, Treasurer
Publish dates: 6/08/2021, 6/23/2021
Internet publish dates: 6/08/2021, 6/23/2021